Oregon Society for Respiratory Care
The Oregon Society for Respiratory Care Scholarship Program provides financial assistance for first and second year students enrolled in an accredited Respiratory Care Program in Oregon. The OSRC will award a minimum of four, $500.00 scholarships to First-year and Second-year students of an Associate Degree program or, if applicants are enrolled in a Bachelor Degree program, the scholarships will be offered for the third and fourth years of school.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent; and
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in the Respiratory Care Program
- Documentation must be received verifying admission into the program.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must demonstrate characteristics of good citizenship, reliability, desire and positive attitude.
- Must be a member of the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC), or in the process of joining.
Application Process Each applicant must complete the following
1. Scholarship application form (found on OSRCNW.org)
2. One (1) page personal essay which should include:
What is your interest in the RC program
What are your personal and professional goals and how will the goals you set apply to the Respiratory profession.
Why you feel qualified for this scholarship
3. Two letters of Recommendation
4. Unofficial transcript
Applications submission process:
All application documents must be submitted to the Education Chairperson by November 15th. Application review and selection will take place during December by the scholarship application review committee. Scholarship recipients will be announced at the annual OSRC conference in February. Scholarships will be awarded at the conference.
Scholarship Selection Process
Please follow directions carefully. To be considered completed applications and required documents (application packet) must be mailed or sent electronically to the Education Chairperson and must be received by the submission deadline. The chairperson will review scholarship applications for meeting minimum requirements. Missing material or failure to follow directions will disqualify an applicant from consideration. The completed applications will be presented to the Scholarship Review Committee for review and selection of recipients and alternates.
Each application packet must include:
- Completed Scholarship Application Form
- One-page personal essay which should include:
a. What is your interest in the RC PROGRAM?
b. What are your personal and professional goals?
c. Why you feel qualified for this scholarship
- Two Letters of Recommendation
OSRC Board /Scholarship Selection Committee Members
Consists of OSRC Board Members not directly affiliated with any respiratory care education program.
Will review and evaluate the application packets.
Each member will use the standard evaluation form.
If a student writes more than one page in his or her personal essay, only the first page of the essay is to be considered.
Select 2 scholarship recipients and one alternate for each year (1st and 2nd students, or 2nd and 3rd for a four year program).
Fill out the selection form.
The President will contact by mail the recipients and non-recipients.
The Treasurer will issue payment to each recipient at the OSRC conference or via the mail. Recipients will be announced at the OSRC Annual Conference .